Melbourne CBD to Melbourne Zoo
Myki is a reloadable credit card-sized contactless smart card
ticketing system used for electronic payment of fares on most public
transport services in Melbourne and regional Victoria, Australia.
A myki card is required to travel on Melbourne’s trams, trains and buses.
Trams are free within the CBD’s free tram zone, however Melbourne Zoo is outside of this zone.
You can buy a myki card at: https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/tickets/myki/buy-a-myki-and-top-up/where-to-buy-and-top-up/
- Hundreds of shops including all 7-Eleven
- Myki machines at selected stations and stops [you can only buy Full Fare myki smartcards at myki machines]
- Your android phone, via Google Pay
- Premium station ticket offices
- PTV Hubs
- by calling 1800 800 007. Allow seven days for delivery of a myki and around 90 minutes for online top ups
- Register or log-in to manage your myki and set auto top up
- Melbourne Zoo is 5 km north of the city centre
- Parking is $2 for 5 hours
- Parking can be limited
- Uber is available throughout Melbourne via the app.
- A taxi fare from the CBD to the zoo will cost approx, $15-$20
- Taxi services: