We are the leading society for the Australian Veterinary Pathology profession. Our purpose is to promote the practice of veterinary pathology in improving animal and human health. We help pathologists develop their skills and further their careers by providing access to high calibre professional development and member resources. Our independent non-profit association was created to provide leadership for the development, promotion, and improvement of our profession by:
- encouraging the provision of high-quality diagnostic and investigative veterinary pathology services, both anatomical and clinical;
- ensuring adequate training opportunities in veterinary pathology
- providing continuing professional development and assessment of competency in veterinary pathology;
- facilitating communication between veterinary pathologists in government, university and private pathology laboratories
- representing the interests of veterinary pathologists to government and industry bodies
Our strategic plan calls for continued work in the areas of membership support, professional development, advocacy and organisational excellence.
Become a member